March 25-26, 2020 Hotel Realm, Canberra
The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems’ “RPAS in Australian Skies 2020” conference is an important strategic event aimed at the continuing discussion on the safe integration of RPAS into Australian Airspace. It is supported by key government and industry participants and has established itself as a landmark event in the Australian RPAS calendar.
The 2020 event will be the 5th in this conference series since 2016. It will be held over 2 days at the Hotel Realm, Canberra
The themes will cover:
- Policy and Regulatory updates from the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development, CASA, AirServices Australia and the Australian Defence Force
- Airspace and Air Traffic Management (ATM & UTM)
- Australian very low airspace environment, challenges and opportunities
- Safety lessons learned from RPAS operations in shared airspace with focus on BVLOS
- Industry challenges and perspectives
- Training requirements for future RPAS operators
- ATSB RPAS data and trends
- Emerging and related technology and innovative solutions
- Future infrastructure requirements to enable drone delivery and urban air mobility.
AAUS events are focused on broadening professional relationships amongst members and key industry end users.
Our events are strongly supported by key Government and Industry players and there will be opportunities to meet with them during the conference and at the conference dinner.
- Simon Atkinson (Secretary, Dept of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications)
- Shane Carmody (DAS / CEO, CASA)
- Jason Harfield (CEO, Airservices Australia)
- Greg Hood (CEO, ATSB)
- Luke Gumley (CASA)
- Nick Dyce-McGowan (DASA)
- LTCOL Keirin Joyce (Australian Army)
- Kristian Cruickshank (Airservices Australia)
- Dr Reece Clothier (Boeing NeXT)
- Natasha Moffat / Grace Garden / Sarah Mecklam / Brendan Williams (Boeing Research & Technology – Australia)
- Dr Terrence Martin (Nova Systems)
- Philip Rowse (CubePilot)
- Geoff Butler (General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc)
- Frank Erb (Thales)
- David Hansell (Loon)
- Ben Brooks (Wing)
- Jackie Dujmovic / Tim Robinson (Hover UAV)
- Stephen Luxion (ASSURE FAA Centre of Excellence for UAS)
- Pawel Ziemba (KPGeo)
- Wayne Condon (UAV Training Australia)
- David Mann (UAVAIR)
- Jayne Heatley / Kristina Cavanna (Norton White)
- Rohan Clarke / Chris Dixon (Monash University)
- Ross Anderson / Rowan Kimber (Aviassist)
- Rob Sutton (Mirragin)
- Joe McMahon (SUASRov)
- Andrew Davies (Taz Drone Solutions)
- Adam Welsh (DJI)
Sponsorship & Exhibition
There are some excellent sponsorship and exhibition opportunities available for interested organisations offering cost effective packaging of promotional items, exhibition and event registration for your team.
Similar to the 2019 event, RPAS in Australian Skies 2020 will run in conjunction with the AAUS Gala Dinner incorporating industry awards. The Gala Dinner will be held at Hotel Realm on the evening of Thursday March 26.
The Gala dinner will provide a great opportunity to celebrate industry achievements in the company of key industry and government participants.
- AAUS Member: $750
- Government: $750
- Industry non-member: $850
- Academia: $380
- Gala Dinner: $150 (optional)
- Speakers: Complimentary registration for conference and gala dinner
- Sponsors & Exhibitors: Registration for conference and gala dinner included in available packages
Conference registration includes:
- full access to 2 day conference
- full access to exhibition
- lunches, morning & afternoon teas
- networking drinks function on Wednesday March 25.
- The gala dinner on the evening of Thursday March 26 is offered at extra cost.
- All pricing is exclusive of GST.
- Early bird pricing will close January 24, 2020
Please register via the event window below.(Make sure to select RPAS in Australian Skies 2019 and not one of our other events).
National Ballroom, Hotel Realm Canberra