Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Australian Association for Unmanned Systems Incorporated will be held at the AAUS Office in Melbourne (for limited participants) and virtually (for all AAUS members).
Date: Thursday, November 26, 2019
Time: 4pm – 5pm EDT
Address: Level 2, 44 Lakeview Drive, Scoresby
Virtual Attendance: Details to Follow
- President’s Welcome
- Declaration of Quorum, Proxies & Apologies
- Adoption of AAUS AGM 2019 Minutes
- Annual Report for 2020 including Financial Report
- Acceptance of FY20 AAUS Audited Financial Report
- Election of AAUS Board of Directors
- Election to accept proposed changes to AAUS Rules
- General Business
Election of AAUS Board
In accordance with the AAUS Rules, financial members of AAUS are able to vote on the make up of the AAUS Board of Directors.
- The AAUS Board of Directors consists of 4 Executive positions (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) plus 11 General positions.
- Candidates may run for General Board positions and once determined, Executive positions will be decided by the new Board at the first Board Meeting.
- There are also 5 General Board positions that will be vacated at the 2020 AGM.
- Voting for Board positions is achieved only via an online voting application and will be completed prior to the AGM.
- AAUS uses a proportional representation system to elect Board members.
- All voting is confidential.
- There is no provision for voting by proxy.
More information can be found at:
Election of AAUS Board positions (5)
Candidates (in alphabetical order)
- Mitchell Bannink [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Andrew Crowe [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Kristian Cruickshank [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Paul Dewar [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Andrew Duggan [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Zachary Kennedy [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- David Ledger [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Max Lye [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Peggy MacTavish [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Terrence Martin [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- John Perkins [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
- Leigh Simpson [Qualification Form ] [Linked In]
- Rob Weaver [Qualification Form] [Linked In]
In accordance with Rules 6.2c, Paul Dewar, Andrew Duggan, Peggy MacTavish, Leigh Simpson and Marcus Tehan have all retired from their General Board positions.
In accordance with Rule 6.2d, Paul Dewar, Andrew Duggan, Peggy MacTavish, and Leigh Simpson have re-nominated for a General Board position.
In accordance with 6.2d, we have also received new nominations from Mitch Bannink, Andrew Crowe, Kristian Cruickshank, Zachary Kennedy, David Ledger, Max Lye, Terrence Martin, John Perkins and Rob Weaver for General Board positions.
This means we have 13 candidates for 5 General Board positions and a vote is required.
Voting for Board positions will be accepted up until 1700 (EDT) on Thursday November 19, 2020.
A unique and confidential link to vote will be sent to all financial members.
The link to vote for corporate members will only be sent to the bundle membership administrator.
A Corporate Member can only cast a vote on behalf of all its designated members.
Proposed Changes to AAUS Rules
The AAUS Board also wish to make some changes to the Rules of the Association (AAUS Rules). For proposed the rules to be adopted, a majority of the members voting to accept the motions must be attained.
Motion 1: Increase AAUS Board Membership term from 2 years to 3 years commencing 2020.
Motion 2: Revision of Rules for Casual Board Vacancies.
Explanatory notes for these motions can be found in 2020-AGM-Motions.
Members will be asked to vote FOR or AGAINST the proposed motions.