Adelaide, September 6, 2018
Organised in association with Land Defence Australia Limited, the Australian Association for Unmanned Systems conference at Land Forces 2018 (www.landforces.com.au) will attract Defence, Industry & Academia from around the world to present, promote and discuss unmanned technologies.
The 2018 conference will be held on Thursday September 6, 2018 at the Adelaide Convention Centre during the Land Forces event and will focus on unmanned technologies relevant to future defence programs, particularly land force applications.
The themes will cover unmanned technologies relevant to LAND 129 Phase 4A & 4B, AMP024.32, AMP024.33, AMP023.34, NMP 1942, SEA 129 Phase 5, AIR 7000 Phase 1b and AIR 7003. AAUS events are focused on broadening professional relationships amongst members and key industry end users.
Our events are strongly supported by key Defence personnel and there will be opportunities to meet with them during the conference and at the conference dinner. The conference dinner will be held on Thursday September 6 following the conference (venue TBC).
The program is being constructed currently and we will update on it soon. We have confirmation that key defence personnel from Army, RAN and RAAF will be presenting.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- LTCOL Keirin Joyce (UAS Sub-Program Manager, Australian Army)
- LTCOL Rod Lang (CO, 20 STA Regiment, Australian Army)
- CAPT Grant O’Loughlan (Aviation Director, Royal Australian Navy)
- WGCDR Mark Miles (Deputy Director, RPAS, Royal Australian Air Force)
- WGCDR Nick Dyce-McGowan and MAJ Glenn Pinnuck (Airworthiness Coordination and Policy Agency, Defence Aviation Safety Authority)
- Jim Chittenden (Director, Global Strategy and Market Development – UAS, CAE)
- Peggy MacTavish (VP – Civil and Defence Services, Elbit Systems of Australia)
- Dr Terry Martin (Applied Research Lead, Nova Systems)
A conference dinner is available at additional cost and usually provides a great networking opportunity in a relaxed environment. The AAUS conference dinner will be held on the evening of Thursday September 6, following the conference.
Dinner Venue: Attenborough Room, Sanctuary Adelaide Zoo, Plane Tree Drive, Adelaide.
Time: Predinner drinks and networking from 6:00pm, dinner from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Registration (Early Bird / Normal)
- AAUS Member: $360 / $395
- Defence & Government: $360 / $395
- Industry: $450 / $495
- Academia: $285 / $315
- Conference Dinner option: $85
Pricing is Ex-GST, Early Bird pricing available to 10/7/18, Speakers and Sponsors are registered at no cost for the conference and conference dinner.
Registration is now open and can be completed via the official Land Forces website. (You register for the Land Forces Expo at the same time).