September 1-2, 2021
Advanced air mobility (AAM) is a transformative airborne technology aimed at the transportation of people and goods in new, community-friendly, and cost-effective aircraft in both rural and urban environments.
The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems’ AAM Summit 2021 conference will be the first of its kind in Australia. It will focus on advancing our collective understanding of the necessary ecosystem and challenges facing the emerging industry. It will be supported by key government and industry organisations from Australia and abroad.
Due to the continuing COVID-19 restrictions, the conference will run as a completely virtual event.Register here
Summit Themes and Objectives
- Identify and map a network of local, national and regional industry capability in the emerging AAM / UAM sector.
- Development of an AAM / UAM ecosystem in Australia.
- Showcasing AAM / UAM technologies and innovation.
- Emerging AAM applications – benefits, viability and social acceptance.
- Future infrastructure requirements to enable AAM / UAM.
- Gain perspective on policy and regulatory development from Federal and State Government, CASA and AirServices Australia.
- Provide an open forum to identify and capture the AAM / UAM industry needs and challenges.
- Collate and map these to industry wide ‘unlocks’.
- Use the event to further promote Australian industry capability, the State of Victoria and more broadly Australia as a world leader in aviation and a hub for investment.
- Build greater community awareness of the emerging AAM / UAM sector and the potential economic, social and environmental benefits it can offer.
Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 restrictions in Australia, we have made the decision to run the AAM Summit 2021 as an online conference, enabling Australian and international delegates to still attend all sessions.
The conference will include both formal presentations and audience interactive panel sessions.
Who Will Attend
- Key personnel from Federal, State and Local Governments
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority and international regulators
- Airservices Australia
- AAM, UAM, RPAS and UTM industries
- Key eVTOL platform developers and manufacturers
- Aerospace industry
- Transport industry
- Infrastructure owners
- Property developers
- Digital service providers
- Insurance sector
Delegate level: CEO, COO, CTO, Senior management, Senior Government, leadership / cabinet level political keynotes.
Wednesday September 1, 2021
|Time||Presentation / Activity||Presenter|
|0930||Conference Opening||Dr Reece Clothier (AAUS President)|
|0945||Keynote Address: A whole-of-government approach to enabling advanced air mobility||Naa Opoku (Assistant Secretary, Safety and Future Technology, DITRDC)|
|1010||Keynote Address: Why safety is key to an advanced future||Pip Spence (CEO / DAS, CASA)|
|1100||Morning Tea Break|
|1130||An introduction to Advanced Air Mobility||Phil Owen (To70)|
|1155||Building the Aviation Infrastructure for the Future||Clem Newton-Brown (Skyportz)|
|1205||Attracting Investment into Australian Air Taxi Infrastructure||Michael Dyment (Nexa Capital)|
|1225||AAM: Commercial attractiveness and Industry potential||Natasha Santha (L.E.K Consulting)|
|1430||eVTOL manufacturing - Australia's place on the path from prototype to profit||Peter Smith (Bartonvale Technologies)|
|1455||Advanced Aerial Mobility in Australia - Conquering the tyranny of distance||Andrew Moore (AMSL Aero)|
|1510||Redefining Airspace - Integrating technology, regulation and community||Anna Kominik and Simon Topping (Wisk)|
|1535||A route map for local authorities creating a UAM ecosystem – challenges and opportunities||Andrew Charlton & Phil Butterworth-Hayes (CIVATA Global)|
|1630||End day 1 conference|
Thursday September 2, 2021
|Time||Presentation / Activity||Presenter|
|0830||Developing the ecosystem to enable a new sustainable air mobility industry||David Rottblatt (Eve Air Mobility)|
|0855||Bell Autonomous Pod Transport (APT)||Brian Duncan (Bell)|
|0920||Electra.aero – Hybrid-Electric Aircraft for Urban & Regional Air Mobility||John Langford (Electra.aero)|
|0945||Accelerating AAM adoption with innovative insurance||Mark Halverson (Precision Autonomy)|
|1030||Morning Tea Break|
|1100||Laying the infrastructure foundations for Advanced Air Mobility in Australia||Yunyuan Tay (Skyports)|
|1125||Delivery drones in our neighbourhood||Jesse Suskin (WIng)|
|1150||Social licence to operate AAM (UAM and Drone Deliveries)||Ronan Delaney (Arup)|
|1400||Surveillance interoperability for AAM||Greg Dunstone (uAvionix)|
|1425||Development of a regulatory roadmap for the RPAS and AAM Sector||Luke Gumley (CASA)|
|1450||UAM Concepts: What we've found and what's next||James Kaminski (Airservices Australia)|
|1600||End day 2 conference|
A PDF version of the program can be downloaded.
Showcase your organisation as an innovative leader and create industry partnerships across key decision makers within the AAM sector. Our sponsorship options provide an efficient way to maximise exposure for your organisation and send a small team to the event.
|Virtual - AAUS Member||$350|
|Virtual - Government / Defence||$350|
|Virtual - Industry (Non-Member)||$390|
- Pricing is inclusive of GST
- Read our Terms and Conditions for information on refunds for COVID-19 related travel restrictions
What’s Included in your Registration?
- Virtual access to all conference sessions in real time
- On demand access to recorded conference sessions
Due to the cancellation of the live component of the AAM Summit this year, all live registrations already received by AAUS will be transferred to virtual registrations and a refund of difference in registration fees will be arranged. In addition, we have reduced the virtual registration fee.
Information on how to attend the event and log in details will be emailed closer to the date.