September 1-2, 2021
Metropolis Events, Southbank, Melbourne
Advanced air mobility (AAM) is a transformative airborne technology aimed at the transportation of people and goods in new, community-friendly, and cost-effective aircraft in both rural and urban environments.
The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems’ AAM Summit 2021 conference will be the first of its kind in Australia. It will focus on advancing our collective understanding of the necessary ecosystem and challenges facing the emerging industry. It will be supported by key government and industry organisations from Australia and abroad.
The conference will run as a hybrid event.Register here
Summit Themes and Objectives
- Identify and map a network of local, national and regional industry capability in the emerging AAM / UAM sector.
- Development of an AAM / UAM ecosystem in Australia.
- Showcasing AAM / UAM technologies and innovation.
- Emerging AAM applications – benefits, viability and social acceptance.
- Future infrastructure requirements to enable AAM / UAM.
- Gain perspective on policy and regulatory development from Federal and State Government, CASA and AirServices Australia.
- Provide an open forum to identify and capture the AAM / UAM industry needs and challenges.
- Collate and map these to industry wide ‘unlocks’.
- Use the event to further promote Australian industry capability, the State of Victoria and more broadly Australia as a world leader in aviation and a hub for investment.
- Build greater community awareness of the emerging AAM / UAM sector and the potential economic, social and environmental benefits it can offer.
AAM Summit 2021 will be a hybrid event incorporating face to face (live) and online (virtual) choices for participants. We hope that this offers flexibility for Australian and International delegates to participate in the current COVID environment.
Conference participants will be able to register as a Live or Virtual delegate where:
- Live registration includes attendance to the conference in person in Melbourne, and
- Virtual registration includes attendance to the conference via an online virtual platform and does not give the ability to attend in person.
The conference will include both formal presentations and audience interactive panel sessions.
There will be an opportunity for international virtual presentations streamed to the conference as well
as virtual attendance.
There will be plenty of time to network throughout the event during fully catered morning, afternoon and lunch breaks. We also plan on incorporating a conference dinner on the evening of September 1.
Who Will Attend
- Key personnel from Federal, State and Local Governments
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority and international regulators
- Airservices Australia
- AAM, UAM, RPAS and UTM industries
- Key eVTOL platform developers and manufacturers
- Aerospace industry
- Transport industry
- Infrastructure owners
- Property developers
- Digital service providers
- Insurance sector
Delegate level: CEO, COO, CTO, Senior management, Senior Government, leadership / cabinet level political keynotes.
Wednesday September 1, 2021
|Time||Presentation / Activity||Presenter|
|0900||Registration & Coffee|
|0930||Conference Opening||Dr Reece Clothier (AAUS President)|
|0945||Keynote Address - Federal Government||Naa Opoku (Assistant Secretary, Safety and Future Technology, DITRDC)|
|1015||Keynote Address - CASA||Pip Spence (CEO / DAS, CASA)|
|1115||An introduction to Advanced Air Mobility||Phi Owen (To70)|
|1145||AAM: Commercial attractiveness and Industry potential||Natasha Santha (L.E.K Consulting)|
|1215||Preparing Australia for investment in Air Taxi Infrastructure||Clem Newton-Brown (Skyportz) & Michael Dyment (Nexa Capital)|
|1345||eVTOL manufacturing - Australia's place on the path from prototype to profit||Peter Smith (Bartonvale Technologies)|
|1415||Advanced Aerial Mobility in Australia - Conquering the tyranny of distance||Andrew Moore (AMSL Aero)|
|1445||Redefining Airspace - Integrating technology, regulation and community||Anna Kominik (Wisk)|
|1545||A route map for local authorities creating a UAM ecosystem – challenges and opportunities||Andrew Charlton & Phil Butterworth-Hayes (CIVATA Global)|
|1615||Panel Session: Government and industry setting a flight path towards a viable AAM||Moderator: Rob Weaver|
|1700||End day 1 conference|
Thursday September 2, 2021
|Time||Presentation / Activity||Presenter|
|0900||Developing the ecosystem to enable a new sustainable air mobility industry||David Rottblatt (Eve Air Mobility)|
|0930||Bell Autonomous Pod Transport (APT)||Brian Duncan (Bell)|
|1000||Accelerating AAM adoption with innovative insurance||Mark Halverson (Precision Autonomy)|
|1100||Laying the infrastructure foundations for Advanced Air Mobility in Australia||Yunyuan Tan (Skyports)|
|1130||Delivery drones in our neighbourhood||Jesse Suskin (WIng)|
|1200||Social licence to operate AAM (UAM and Drone Deliveries)||Ronan Delaney (Arup)|
|1330||Development of a regulatory roadmap for the RPAS and AAM Sector||Luke Gumley (CASA)|
|1400||UAM Concepts: What we've found and what's next||James Kaminsky (Airservices Australia)|
|1500||Panel Session:||Moderator: Clem Newton-Brown|
|1600||End day 2 conference|
A PDF version of the program can be downloaded
Showcase your organisation as an innovative leader and create industry partnerships across key decision makers within the AAM sector. Our sponsorship options provide an efficient way to maximise exposure for your organisation and send a small team to the event.
|Registration Type||Early Bird||Standard|
|Live - AAUS Member||$1050||$1200|
|Live - Government / Defence||$1050||$1200|
|Live - Industry (Non-member)||$1175||$1350|
|Virtual - AAUS Member||$410||$475|
|Virtual - Government / Defence||$410||$475|
|Virtual - Industry (Non-Member)||$450||$515|
- Pricing is inclusive of GST
- Early Bird pricing is available before July 31, 2021
- Read our Terms and Conditions for information on refunds for COVID-19 related travel restrictions
What’s Included in your Registration?
- Access to all conference sessions at Metropolis Events in Melbourne during September 1-2, 2021
- On demand access to recorded conference sessions (for post conference viewing)
- Conference Catering (Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea)
- Conference Dinner (on the evening of September 1)
- Virtual access to all conference sessions in real time
- On demand access to recorded conference sessions